Product Information & Size Chart
Dogi & Hakama Sashiko Bag
Made in Japan
Material: 100% Mikawa Cotton - Sashiko Weave
Dimensions: Height 29 cm x Width 40 cm x Depth 16 cm.
Weight: 590 g
Embroidery Color: 18 colors to choose from (the chosen color applies for both the kanji main design and the name option).
Name Option: Name embroidery at the bottom of the bag (see product pictures)
This cotton bag is made at the same workshop as most of our Dogi and from the same fabric as our single weave AS200 and AS250 models, but is black dyed, for a modern touch.
Extremely resistant, it is 100% made in Japan from Japanese Mikawa cotton, one of the very last cotton production in Japan.
With our practitioners in mind, this bag features several pockets: 2 on the outside, both big enough to fit a wallet, a passport and a license and 2 additional pockets on the inside to store bigger items such as a small bottle of water or a smartphone.
The separation on the inside of the bag is designed to separate used trainings cloths from fresh ones or a Hakama.
When closed, the inside zipper still keeps the pockets on the inside accessible if you need to grab your drink quickly. And when your bag is too full to close the zipper, a snap button holds everything in place.
The shoulder strap is designed to be used in two different ways. Left wide, 15 cm, you experience extra comfort when carrying heavy items and quick access to the inside pockets. When folded in half however, it covers the access to the inside pockets and makes it easier to move the bag around your shoulders.
This cotton bag can fit a Dogi, Hakama, belt and towel.
- If you use a single layer Dogi up to a size 6, there is enough space for your Dogi, Hakama, Belt and a thin towel as well as a 50cl water bottle.
- If you have got a double layer Dogi up to a size 5, there is enough space for your Dogi, a Hakama and a Belt.
- A double layer Dogi size 6 Dogi fits in the bag with a Hakama, but is too big to close the zipper.
To offer you the best quality, the Seido logo, Aikido calligraphy, "Ki" calligraphy and all other designs you can choose from, are not printed but embroidered. Made 100% from Japanese made Sashiko cotton.
Here are all the designs we offer and their meaning:
- The Seido embroidery is based on the Seido label sewn on all Seido equipment.
- The Aikido embroidery is based on a calligraphy displayed in the main Dojo of the Aikikai Hombu Dojo. It was drawn by Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei, when he was 80 years old, during a period in his life when his calligraphy skills reached their peak. Note that the depth and extension of ideograms are a sign of an open mind.
- The "Ki' embroidery is based on the same calligraphy as the "Aikido embroidery" but only contains the second Kanji "Ki".
- Judo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Karatedo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Kendo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Iaido - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Zanshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Remaining mind, or lingering mind.
- Mushin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : No mind (mental state), or mind without mind.
- Heijoshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Calm, imperturbable, relaxed heart/mind
- Shingitai - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : The unification of mind, skills and body.
- Takemusu Aiki - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Aikido concept, the unity of martial techniques through the concept of Aiki.
Option "Name Embroidery":
Optionally, you can add your name as embroidery. It will be embroidered on the right of the bottom part of the cover (same high as the Seido label, opposite side), with a font size of 2 cm by 2 cm.
Please note that due to our technical settings and to improve the overall balance, it is only possible to embroider either a first name, a last name or one other word.
For more information about Japanese embroidery, please consult the page "How to Choose your Japanese Embroidery".