Product Information & Size Chart
Face Covering Mask - Dogi Rice Grain Fabric
- 100% Made in Japan
- Cloth: 100% Mikawa Cotton | Elastic: Nylon/Polyurethane
- Weight: approximately 10 g / 0.35 oz
- Small: 16 x 8.5 cm (12.5 cm with open pleats). For kids, women, men with a small face.
- Standard: 18 x 9 cm (13 cm with open pleats). Recommended for men and people with a regular face size.
- Large: 19 x 9.5 cm (15 cm with open pleats). Recommended for people with a large face size or with a beard.
Made at our Dogi workshop in the Aichi prefecture, these masks are made from high-quality Japanese Mikawa cotton, the same rice grain (sashiko) fabric used for most of Seido's Dogi. The fabric is treated with an antimicrobial/odor resistant solution made from Japanese cypress trees that should help reduce unpleasant smell and bacterial development. Washed in cold water, this treatment stays active for about 50 laundries.
A wire is placed on the top part in order to perfectly fit on top of the nose.
It is washable and reusable dozens of times (we are using them here, we'll update this page once we've washed them a hundred times). We recommend hand washing with soap.
Pleats are designed to stay in place without having to iron the mask. If you wish to iron it as a disinfection measure, please be careful not to damage the elastics.
We have long hesitated before offering masks on our website. Seido does not want to profit from the COVID-19 crisis and our staff was not comfortable about offering such products. However, after a few weeks stockpiling products that they couldn't sell, this is one of the solutions our workshop came up with in order to stay alive. We have decided to offer this product so you can also support our workshop and all the seamstresses who manufacture your beloved Seido Dogi.
This mask is not a surgical mask. It does not protect much, but it may limit the quantity of droplets emitted from your mouth when coughing, or even speaking.
Best practices, as recommended by licensed surgeons:
- Avoid touching the outside of the mask when wearing it as the exterior may present viruses emitted by other persons. If you do, make sure to wash your hands.
- Try to put it on and off using the elastics only.
- Make sure to wash the mask with soap as often as possible. If you use a washing machine, use a laundry net. Ideally, the same mask shouldn’t be used more than a few hours before being washed.
- Don’t put the mask on places where microbes might transfer and be picked up by your hands later. You can place it in a plastic bag until you wash it.
Please note that because this is a personal hygiene product, we cannot accept returns for this item.
Temporary COVID-19 related information:
Standard free shipping with Japan Post for small orders under 2 kg is currently suspended. If you wish to be delivered before June/July, a 1,500 YEN additional fees for express shipping will be charged at checkout.