- We ship as usual to North and Central America, European Union (+ Switzerland, Norway, UK)
- Free shipping for small packages under 1 kg is now available to France, Canada, Germany, UK, Switzerland, Estonia, Austria, Croatia, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Belgium, Poland, Portugal, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Italy and New Zealand. Other countries will be charged 800 YEN (~7$) at checkout.
- Australia and New Caledonia: additional fees from 1,000 YEN (~9$) to 3,000 YEN (~27$) will be charged after checkout for packages over 120 cm in length (Jo, Bo, Naginata, etc.). No additionnal fees for other packages.
Shipping possible under conditions to almost all other countries. Please enquire prior to placing your order.
- America/Oceania remote area delivery: some remote destinations (far from major cities) require 3,000 YEN additional fees to ship with DHL/FedEx/UPS (charged once we have manually checked your address). Feel free to send us your postcode prior to placing your order if you'd like us to check if such fees apply.
- If you select a suspended shipping method (clearly displayed at checkout), your order will be stored until the shipping method is reinstored (this may not be before September/October).
- Order cancellation once an order is packaged will be charged 500 YEN (if paid via PayPal, we remind you that PayPal's 4% payment fees are also non refundable).
- Seido is the only company using simultaneously professional rates with FedEx, UPS and DHL. If your country can be delivered, we will deliver!
Midsummer Special Sale | Up to 20% Off on all Iaito (until August 11th, 11 am JPT)
Reopening Express Shipments (almost) Worldwide | Read the last informations about express shipping
Original Sashiko Face Masks | We made available a range of Sashiko masks that our Dogi workshops produces to compensate the drop in Dogi production
Martial arts equipment: Is Japanese craftsmanship in danger? | In September 2019, the Horinouchi workshop who held about 40% of the production of all made in Japan wooden weapons, closed its doors forever. Read more about the future of the industry and how the prices of the products will evolve in 2020.
Review Reward Campaign | Leave a comment on your recent purchase and receive a 5% discount.
Your Privacy Matters
At Seido, we are our first customers. We also very often buy online from major platforms and small websites as well, and as you are, we are annoyed by tons of spam/junk mails, unsolicited contacts from third parties, as well as other annoyances related to personal data leaks.
We are therefore very concerned about your privacy and how we handle your personal data and this is why we consider it as very important to provide you the following details about how exactly, your personal data are handled at Seido.
All personal information collected are and remain strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (to process your payment information, for example) or as described in Section 4.
Section 1 - What do we collect?
When you purchase a product from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we require you to provide personal information such as your name, physical and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system as well as your geographical location.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. Opt-out links are provided at all time.
Section 2 - Consent
How do we get your consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to the collection and use of those informations for the specific purpose of the ordering process only.
If we were to ask for your personal information for any other reason such as marketing, we would either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to decline.
How to withdraw your consent?
If you change your mind after opting-in (contact, collection, use, or disclosure of your information), you may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us through our contact form.
Section 3 - Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Section 4 - Shopify
Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc., which provides us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Hence your data are stored in Shopify’s own data storage, databases, and general Shopify application. All your data are stored by Shopify on a secure server behind a firewall. Shopify is one of (if not "the") most secured shopping cart provider in the world, as described on their website.
Section 5 - Third-party services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Payment by credit card:
All bank card transactions are done via Stripe or PayPal. Seidoshop and Shopify never have access to your bank details and these are never transmitted to our servers.
Some of the links on our store may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at. Google Analytics retain only non-personal data on the page that you came from when you arrive on SeidoShop.com and on the pages that you visit while browsing our site.
This information help us to improve our site to provide you with a better browsing experience.
To opt out for all Google Analyics data collection, please refer to the Google documentation.
Facebook Pixel: SeidoShop uses "the Facebook Pixel" allowing to better know your navigation habits when browsing our site and allowing to properly target users on FB depending on their interactions with our content.
For more information on how your data are used by Facebook, and how to limit the collect of data, please consult directly Facebook documentations
Section 6 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow the industry's best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SeidoShop.com is entirely protected by a best in class SSL certificate (which is visible in the browser URL bar, all URLs starts with httpS). In the Budo equipment industry, SeidoShop is very likely the most secured website on the internet and the only one to offer a fully secured https protocol site wide.
The ordering process goes through three servers, the payment server to which we never have access, the Shopify secured server (high encrypting level) for checkout, and the Shopify hosting server for the whole site. Shopify servers are physically in the United States, and data on their servers are subject to the laws of the United States.
Section 7 - Cookies
SeidoShop uses the cookie technology. Cookies are very small text files we place on your browser to do various tasks related to the online user experience as well as for statistic data collection. Here is a list of cookies that we use. We have listed them here so that you can decide whether you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id: unique token that allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data withheld, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data withheld, expires at midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id: unique token, sessional, stores session information for the checkout process
- Google analytics (multiple cookies): PREF, persistent for a very short period, set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where. More information on Google Analytics data collect on Google's website.
- ajs_anonymous_id, ajs_group_id, ajs_user_id: collect information about how visitors use the website, persistent for 1 year
- _orig_refferrer: sessional, helps us find out where our visitors have come from (referrer).
- unitSystem: retains a value that keep your selected metric system set even when you leave the site. One week.
- currency: retains a value that keeps your selected currency set even when you leave the site. One year.
- disclaimer_japan : for customer in japan, retains a value that tells us if you did click on the disclaimer message about our japanese website.
- disclaimer_tools : retains a value that tells us if you did click on the disclaimer message about how to use the tools menu.
Section 8 - GDPR compliance (European users)
SeidoShop.com has always been compliant with the GDPR laws, even before the first mention of the law.
With only one exception, the cookie disclaimer, as we believe that a cookie disclaimer would only distrupt the navigation to serve an information that is identical for almost all websites on the internet.
Section 9 - Age of consent
By using this site, you imply that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Question and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, you can contact us through our contact form.
Last update: May 18, 2018.