Latest News & Discounts
February Special Sale | 10% Off on our Aikido Keiko Hakama, Iaido/Kendo Keiko Hakama, all Iaido Jacket & the new Suburito section ! (until March 1st, 12 PM JPT)
New Product Lineup - Suburito & Furibo | Took us some time, but we finally made it, our Suburito/Furibo (heavy bokken) line up is live
Review Reward Campaign | Leave a comment on your recent purchase and receive a 5% discount.
Karategi Comparative Size Charts
As an expert in the manufacture of Budo equipment, Seido is able to provide you with the technical details and measurements of all its models. You will find our elaborate advice on which model to choose after the size tables.
Karategi Size Table
These measurements correspond to the measurements out of the workshop and do not take shrinking into account. Note that our Karategi being hand made, slight variations are possible. All measurements are in centimeters and kilograms.
Karategi Seido - Size charts & measurements
|Your size||Jacket size||Jacket measurements||Pants measurements|
|~ 140 cm ~||1||67 cm||114 cm||48 cm||27 cm||15 cm||18 cm||16 cm||82 cm||85 cm||46 cm||23 cm||27 cm|
|~ 145 cm ~||1.5||69 cm||120 cm||50 cm||28 cm||16 cm||19 cm||16 cm||85 cm||88 cm||48 cm||24 cm||28 cm|
|~ 150 cm ~||2||71 cm||126 cm||52 cm||28 cm||16 cm||20 cm||17 cm||88 cm||91 cm||50 cm||25 cm||29 cm|
|~ 155 cm ~||2.5||73 cm||132 cm||54 cm||29 cm||17 cm||21 cm||17 cm||91 cm||94 cm||52 cm||26 cm||30 cm|
|~ 160 cm ~||3||75 cm||138 cm||56 cm||29 cm||17 cm||22 cm||18 cm||94 cm||97 cm||54 cm||27 cm||31 cm|
|~ 165 cm ~||3.5||77 cm||144 cm||58 cm||30 cm||18 cm||23 cm||18 cm||97 cm||100 cm||56 cm||28 cm||32 cm|
|~ 170 cm ~||4||79 cm||150 cm||60 cm||30 cm||18 cm||24 cm||19 cm||100 cm||103 cm||58 cm||29 cm||33 cm|
|~ 175 cm ~||4.5||81 cm||156 cm||62 cm||31 cm||19 cm||25 cm||19 cm||103 cm||106 cm||60 cm||30 cm||34 cm|
|~ 180 cm ~||5||83 cm||162 cm||64 cm||31 cm||19 cm||26 cm||20 cm||106 cm||109 cm||62 cm||31 cm||35 cm|
|~ 185 cm ~||5.5||85 cm||168 cm||66 cm||32 cm||20 cm||27 cm||20 cm||109 cm||112 cm||64 cm||32 cm||36 cm|
|~ 190 cm ~||6||87 cm||174 cm||68 cm||32 cm||20 cm||28 cm||21 cm||112 cm||115 cm||66 cm||33 cm||37 cm|
|~ 195 cm ~||6.5||89 cm||180 cm||70 cm||33 cm||21 cm||29 cm||21 cm||115 cm||118 cm||68 cm||34 cm||38 cm|
|~ 200 cm ~||7||91 cm||186 cm||72 cm||33 cm||21 cm||30 cm||22 cm||118 cm||121 cm||70 cm||35 cm||39 cm|
All measurements are taken before shrinkage. All models shrink of about 2 to 3%.
The Heavy Weight Biotech Karategi is about one size smaller, as this model does not shrink.
- A: Jacket length - From the center of the dogi to the tip of the sleeve.
- B: Sleeves length - From one wrist to the other.
- C: Jacket width - From lateral opening to lateral opening.
- D: Shoulder vertical width
- E: Sleeves width
- F: Lateral vents height
- G: Collar Width
- A': Pants full length - On the back of the pants
- A: Pants full length - On the front of the pants
- B: Pants width - At the level of the waist, when the pants is fully open.
- C: Leg with - At the ankle bone
- D: Leg Width - At the thigh
How to Choose Your Karategi
How to Choose Your Model
There are 3 main types of Karategi :
- The "light" model (9A) was originally conceived for Kumite. The fabric is thin and extremely light.
- The « polyvalent » model (#11), with its medium weight, is probably the best adapted to Aikido. Light but made of thick fabric it is very durable.
- The "heavy"Karategi (#10) was initially conceived for the Kata practice. This model is heavier than our Yomogi Aikido model and it will suit perfectly people who have a strong preference for the Karate-type of Keikogi yet like a heavy garment.
- The "heavy" biotech Karategi was also conceived with the practice of Kata in mind. In spite of being heavy, it is also extremely soft and pleasant to touch and to wear.
All our Karategi are cut according to the same traditional cut.
How to Choose Your Size
The first thing is to confirm your size, this will allow you to select the appropriate Dogi size. Our recommendations, take into account future Dogi shrinking.
In some cases, especially when your weight is over your ideal weight, you will need to select a half size higher. Remove the hundreds digit of your size, and if your weight exceeds this figure, we recommend that practitioners take a half size higher. (E.g. your height is 170 cm and weight 75 kg you should choose a half size above)
We indicate all important measures for all models to limit mistake on the size choice. Do not hesitate to measure your current Dogi for comparison (do not forget that new Dogi will shrink about 2 cm to 3 cm after washing).
About The Price
The Seido Dogi are made in Japan, with a cotton selected for its high quality. We assume that if our customers are buying equipment to a Japanese company, it is because they want the best of the best. This is what we offer, however, prices remain significantly more expensive than the equipment manufactured in China or Pakistan.
We work like this because we believe that, as Budoka, it is our duty to participate as much as possible in a fair and honest business, selling products that were not manufactured in countries where human and children's rights are not respected. Of course, it is not possible for everyone to make such a high-end purchase, we understand and respect it perfectly.