Latest News & Discounts
February Special Sale | 10% Off on our Aikido Keiko Hakama, Iaido/Kendo Keiko Hakama, all Iaido Jacket & the new Suburito section ! (until March 1st, 12 PM JPT)
New Product Lineup - Suburito & Furibo | Took us some time, but we finally made it, our Suburito/Furibo (heavy bokken) line up is live
Review Reward Campaign | Leave a comment on your recent purchase and receive a 5% discount.
Order Cancel, Returns, Exchanges & Refunds Policy
We are doing our best to be as flexible as possible
We, of course, allow returns and exchanges as any online shop does. Returns for international orders - this may sound a little complicated, but we are here to help, explaining you the whole procedure in detail.
Please note that we offer many customized / made to order products that cannot be exchange. Those products are listed below, as well as marked with a "No return/exchange" tag directly on each product page.
For products damaged during transportation, please refer to the shipping & delivery page for the detailed procedure.
Before shipping: Order cancellations & Refunds
We handle all orders very fast, probably faster than any other budo equipment shop and this is particularly important for us. However, our almost legendary service comes with a down side: the cancellation window is short. So please be aware that if your order has already been processed (i.e. embroidered and/or shipped), it cannot be modified, nor canceled.
Practically, orders for in stock products (including embroidered items) placed during business hours cannot be canceled as they will be prepared and shipped within an hour or two. If the order is placed outside of our business hours, we will accept order cancellation as far as the request is made before 9am (Japan time) of the next business day.
Orders for made to order / custom made items can be canceled until they are forwarded to the workshop. Once the order has reached the workshop, we will not accept any modification or cancelation. Such orders are put on hold for 24h after they are placed, so you can always cancel them within 24h after receiving the order confirmation email.
At the end, it will always be a matter of how far your order has been processed. Even outside of the conditions above, if we can still cancel your order, we will. Just keep in mind that it might not possible.
As far as the order can be canceled, we will refund it 100% within one business day. You will receive two emails confirming your request, one from us, regarding the order cancelation, and one from Paypal, regarding the credit card refund.
After shipping: Cancelation, Returns & Refunds
You have 7 calendar days from the day you received your order. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition as that in which you received it. It must also be returned in the original packaging. Any item not in its original condition, damaged, or with missing parts for reasons other than an error from us can not be returned.
Shipping costs for returning an item will be at your charge and you are free to choose the carrier. Transportation is your responsibility. If you are shipping an item over 10,000 JPY, we advise you to use a traceable shipping service or to purchase a shipping insurance. Please make sure the item is well packed and decently protected.
The product prices include the initial shipping costs of your order. They are non-refundable and will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- - Embroidered or engraved products
- - Made-to-order products or order-made products (as stated on the product page)
- - Items on clearance sale or special offers
- Contact us via our contact form or by answering the shipping confirmation email.
You must provide the reasons for returning the product, and also inform us if you want a refund or an exchange.
- We will send you an email containing the return number, the return procedure, and the refundable amount for the product.
- Follow the procedure in the email very carefully (reminder below).
- You must check the "RETURN" box on the custom declaration.
- You also must clearly write RETURN TO SENDER FOR EXCHANGE on the outside of the package (in capital letters, easy to read for customs officers)
- You must describe as precisely as possible all items in the shipment (in case of a Iaito, it must state that it is an imitation made of aluminum/zinc alloy). - You must declare the cost of the product you return, as indicated by us and NOT the cost on your order confirmation (which includes the initial shipping).
- Provide us with the tracking number of the package if any.
- As soon as we receive the package, we will check the product's condition. If intact, we will contact you and you can choose from either of the following options:
- In case of an exchange: a discount voucher that will allow you to replace your order for another product minus the refund of the initial order.
- In case of a refund: refund on your credit card for the refundable amount stated in the previously sent email (2)
If the return procedure is not respected:
It is very important that you respect the given procedure. If failing to follow the instructions leads to delivery issues or the charge of customs duty (not indicating clearly the return on the package), we will have to deduct all additional costs from the refundable amount.
Note that depending on carriers, the return to Japan for the above reasons may be charged at flat rate. If the shipping cost of the return is superior to the value of the order, the order will be abandoned on site and destroyed by the carrier. In this situation, we will not offer any refund nor any discount of any kind.
Returns if you received the wrong or defect product
First of all, please accept our deepest apologies for our mistake and be sure we will do our best to have this corrected as soon as possible.
Before proceeding to any return procedure, we will ask you a few questions and most likely request some pictures of the concerning product. First of all, please understand that we do not doubt your sincerity. However, in some cases, it happened to be e.g. a simple misunderstanding, often because information we provide on our site are not precise enought or have not been read carefully. Getting a clear idea of what the problem with the product is, helps to avoid a return process and the thereby incurring costs, that in such a case would be entirely at the customer's expense. And in case we made a mistake, having as much details as possible allows us to act fast, revise our logistic processes and avoid making the same mistake again.
- Red oak and white oak weapons: oil polished white oak can get quite dark and are often mistaken for red oak. Our weapons are sorted by category in an atmosphere controlled room especially designed for weapon storage. Mistakes on our end are very unlikely.
- Navy and black cotton Hakama: the navy fabric is very dark and needs to be compared with a dark black fabric to make sure it is actually navy and not black. We are aware of that and we are very careful, double checking all cotton Hakama before shipping.
- Tsuba/accessory fit: we do not fit the Tsuba to the Bokken you order. Depending on the shape of the Bokken, the Tsuba might not fit very well and (for safity reasons) it is your responsibility to adapt it properly.
- Embroidery/Engraving translations: please make sure you have read How to Choose your Embroidery and How to Choose your Engraving, as we do not accept any claim for translation/transcription differences if you already have for your name in Japanese.
Once you went through all these information, and you think we really did a mistake, please contact us through our contact form or answer the shipping confirmation email. From there, the procedure is as follows.
- We will ask for a picture of the product to confirm or not our mistake.
- Once the error is confirmed, and depending on the product's nature and your expectations, we will either offer a partial / full refund, or a replacement. We may ask you to return the product or not.
- If we require the product to be returned, you will have to ship the item with the carrier we will indicate (depending on your country), at your own cost and we will then refund the cost of the return once you have sent us the receipt with the exact amount charged.
As much as we would like to be able to send you a carrier and avoid any further inconvenience, there is no such service available with any carrier. We have no other choice but to ask you to return the product at your own cost and refund them in a further step. This is why, is some cases, we may not even ask you to send it back.
Limitations for refunds
Paypal allows us to work on a payment for 45 days maximum. Once this limit has passed, we have no solution to grant partial or full refund on your credit card.
In that case, we have only two solutions. Transferring the funds to a Paypal account (if you do have an account) or offering a discount voucher that has no term of expiration.
Bank transfers are charged about 6,000 YEN and require one of our board members to go to the head office to proceed the international transfer in person (yes, the Japanese banking system is quite odd) and therefore this is not an option. We really would like to do better and be able to reverse a payment or proceed a bank transfer more easily, but at the time, it is not possible.
This is a very rare case that happens once or twice a year, and we do our best to find a solution acceptable for both parties.