Japan Post has decided to suspend all shipments to more than 120 countries. FedEx shipments are suspended worldwide. DHL has implemented a significant price surcharge and suspended shipment to some countries and updates partial suspensions daily. Therefore, Seido is no longer in capacity to promise that your orders will ship on the announce date below.
- We recommend all customers to upgrade the shipping method at checkout if the displayed shipping method is "Japan Post".
- We will email you on or before the announced shipping date if your order cannot ship. We may offer you a paid shipping upgrade if you want your order shipped via one of the few priority services that remains active with one of our carriers (FedEx, UPS and DHL).
- Packages that are longer than 120 cm are subject to additional restrictions so all packages containing weapons longer than 119 cm are more subject to delays than others.
As of today, we are still able to ship almost normally to:
United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore, Finland, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Norway, Romania, Mexico, Denmark, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Philippines, South Korea and Slovakia.
(This is not a guarantee that we will be able to ship, especially items above 120 cm in length, but we do not expect major issues for those destinations).
- Other orders will be put prepared, packed and stored until one of the 5 cariers we are working with reopens the destination (you will be updated via email).
Coronavirus COVID-19 - Impact on international Shipping | For the latest information on shipping & delivery, please refer to the info box that we put in place on all products pages, category pages and shopping cart page. As of today, we can only ship to: United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore, Finland, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Norway, Romania, Mexico, Denmark, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, Philippines, South Korea and Slovakia. (Order to other countries will be stored until one of the 5 carriers we use reopens the destination).
20% OFF ALL Handmade Hakama - In support to our century-old Hakama workshop | (until April 8th, 11 am JPT)
The Future of the Wooden Weapon Industry & 2020's price increase | In September 2019, the Horinouchi workshop who held about 40% of the production of all made in Japan wooden weapons, closed its doors forever. Read more about the future of the industry and how the prices of the products will evolve in 2020.
Wooden Weapon Workshop Horinouchi Closing | Today, it is with heavy sadness in our hearts that we have to publicly announce that we failed at providing enough support to the Horinouchi workshop, to the point that the workshop is closing mid-September 2019. More information on this terrible event on our blog.
Review Reward Campaign | Leave a comment on your recent purchase and receive a 5% discount.
Discounts for Product Reviews
At SeidoShop.com, your satisfaction is our priority, and we crave for customers' feedback so we offer you the opportunity to comment and rate all the products on the site.
To thank you for the time you spent on posting a comment on these products, we offer you a 5% discount on your future order (valid for a period of three months after the posting of your comment).
How to write a review
Just go to the page of the product you wish to comment on and click on "Write a review".
A window containing all required information will open. Enter your name (or nickname), your email, your city / country, a headline for your review, and your comment.
- Purchase has to have been made on SeidoShop within 2 months prior to the filing of the form.
- The review should concern a product that was actually purchased and that was delivered.
- Reviews concerning products that have been returned do not entitle to this discount.
- The email address should be the same as the one used for your order (this is the only way that we send you your voucher! - This address remains private of course.)
- You can leave a review under a pseudonym, and your country is optional.
- The amount of the voucher is 5%
- Voucher is valid for 3 months and can only be used once.
- The discount code is sent to you by email within 2 workdays.
- Only one discount will be awarded per customer within a period of 30 days, even for several reviews.
How to use your discount coupon
Your discount code will be entered during the checkout process, at the first step.
- Focus discount code field.
- Enter your code (codes are case sensitive and contain only digits or letters.)
- Do not forget to click on "apply" to confirm your discount!
- Your code is displayed under, meaning it has applied.
- The X allows you to delete the code (the code will then still be active for future orders).
- You can visualize the total discount amount applied on your order.
If your code does not work, or you have not received your voucher, please contact us via the contact form so that we can solve the problem in the shortest possible time.
Product Reviews Policy
Nowadays, fake reviews are becoming a plague and some research papers even claim that some websites have as much as 30% manipulated reviews (fake reviews, redacted reviews, etc.).
As Budoka running our business with a Budo ethic, it is obvious to us that there are no fake reviews on SeidoShop, but we don't really have ways to prove it to our customers. Our best angle is to invite you to consult our Facebook and Google reviews (that are tied to real Facebook profiles from people of the Budo community, easily identifiable), which are perfectly consistent with the reviews displayed on our website. We also invite you to ask questions on Facebook groups and check community forums (IRC, Aikido and Koryu only forums, etc.) in which you will completely independent opinions on our products and services.
We also want to state that our official supports displayed on our homepage (Christian Tissier, Okamoto Yoko, and other famous Budoka) are not compensated in any way. Them featured on our homepage is a simple proof of their trust and kindness. We know all those teachers personally, which is another reason for us to always stay honest and consistent with our probity statements.
Facebook and Google reviews are handled by Facebook and Google. We can't do much more than answering them. In case of fake reviews left by competitors (it happens more than you think), we report them and hope they will be deleted (sometimes they are, sometimes not) and that's it.
But for reviews on our website, we have (limited) access to the database, so here is what we can do and what we do with your reviews.
- We are on the Shopify platform, using the Shopify Review app. This app does not allow us to edit reviews, so reviews are never edited. (Name, title, contents and rating)
- We have the ability to hide or delete reviews.
- We can answer reviews (and we do).
- Our reviews are sent to the Google Merchant Center customer reviews program, a program that implies that our reviews are manually audited on a regular basis by Google Merchant Center experts. Reviews name, title, contents and rating consistency are analyzed and if fake reviews were detected, we could be banned from Google Merchant Center.
- We stand with what we claim. We're not perfect, but we're the best. The only honest reason a customer could leave a negative review on our website would be a misunderstanding of the product/service he ordered.
Therefore, reviews rated 1 to 3 stars (over 5) are temporarily put on hold, and the customer who left the review receives an email that aims at solving his problem. We always clearly detail the answer we would append to his review.
Most of the time (90%), a solution is found and the customer decides his review no longer reflects his opinion and request its withdrawal (often to write a new one). Sometimes, no compromise can be found, and the review is republished, no matter its rating and contents.
- A review, be it positive or negative, will never give our customer any additional rights/advantages. All customers receive a 5% discount code as stated above, even for negative reviews (and even if the review is later withdrawn). However, we do not "buy" reviews (no additional advantage than the 5% is offered), and we do not trade the removal of a negative review for any advantages (refund, free product, etc.).
- We only delete reviews for 3 reasons: the customer asked its deletion, the email address used for the review is not linked to any order (fake review), or the review contains illegal contents (such as comments bashing our competitors).
We consider our product reviews as a support to help you chose the right products for you, not as the ultimate proof of our products quality. We strongly invite you to search for information outside of our website and make your opinion based on third party sources.