Product Information & Size Chart
Dogi & Hakama Sashiko Bag
Made in Japan
Material: 100% Unbleached Sashiko Cotton
Dimensions: 43 cm x 55 cm (rope length is about 195 cm in total).
Embroidery color: 18 colors to chose from (the same color applies for both the kanji main design and the name option).
Name option: Name embroidery at the bottom of the bag (see product pictures)
This cotton bag can fit a dogi, hakama, belt and towel. The ropes and port on the back are thick and comfortable. For optimal quality, Seido logo, Aikido calligraphy, "Ki" calligraphy and all other designs are not printed but embroidered. Made 100% from japanese made unbleached sashiko cotton, this product is eco friendly.
Here are all the designs we offer and their meaning:
- The Seido embroidery is based on the Seido label attached to all Seido equipments.
- The Aikido embroidery is based on a calligraphy found in the main dojo of Aikikai Hombu Dojo. It was created by Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei when he was 80 years old, a period in his life when his calligraphy reached its peak. Note that the depth and extension of ideograms are a sign of an open mind.
- The "Ki' embroidery is based on the same calligraphy as the "Aikido embroidery" but only contains the second kanji "Ki".
- Judo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Karatedo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Kendo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Iaido - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Zanshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Remaining mind, or lingering mind.
- Mushin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : No mind (mental state), or mind without mind.
- Heijoshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Calm, imperturbable, relaxed heart/mind
- Shingitai - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : The unification of mind, skills and body.
- Takemusu Aiki - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Aikido concept, the unity of martial techniques through the concept of Aiki.
Option "Name Embroidery":
Optionally, you can add your name as embroidery. It will be embroidered on the left of the bottom part (same high as the Seido label), with a font size of 2 cm by 2 cm.
Please note that due to our technical settings and to improve the overall balance, it is only possible to embroider either a first name, a last name or a word (1 word).
For more information about Japanese embroidery, please consult the page "How to Choose your Japanese Embroidery".