|Available fonts (style)||Kaishotai and Gyoshotai for Japanese, cursive and block for English.|
|Available colors||20 colors - the most popular for Hakama are golden brown and white.|
Write your name in English and select a "Japanese" font, in which case we will take care of the transcription. Note that several translations exist for the same name and that we cannot accept claims. (Please use the text field to add a comment if the pronunciation is unusual. If you already have a translation, please attach a picture). We only translate names or words, we do not translate expressions, such requests will be ignored and refunded, if not discussed prior to your order. Please also note that initials cannot be translated in Japanese. Consequently, they will always be embroidered in English.
|Limitations||We embroider in Japanese and English only (no Chinese, Korean, etc.). For any special requests/logo embroidery etc., contact us prior to your order (otherwise, such comments may be ignored).|
Order today and we will ship before
Hakama Embroidery - Right Hip
- This is the most classic position for a Hakama embroidery. Note: depending on the content (e.g. name + martial art) we split the content into two lines. Feel free to use the comment field for further instructions.
- Japanese (Kanji, Kana): ~2 x 2 cm - vertical or horizontal
- English block (capital letters): ~1.5 x 1.5 cm - vertical or horizontal
- English cursive capital Letters: ~2 x 2 cm / letter - horizontal only
- English cursive lower case letters: ~1.5 x 1.5 cm - horizontal only
- Max. embroidery length: 16 cm (depending on the length of the content, font size might be adapted)
- Note that Initials are never written in Japanese.They always appear in Romaji (alphabet). Initials also count as 1 word. As a result, "Initial + Name" is 2 words. Initials not paid for will be ignored.
Prices vary depending on selected options.
Knee Support - Free Size
Made in Japan
Color: Black or White
Size: One size fits all
"One size fits all" knee support with adjustable, elastic tie of velcro tape. Padded with relatively rigid foam to protect your knees and very comfortable to wear, allowing suwariwaza (movements made in a kneeling position) thanks to the opening at the back. Usable for practitioners of Aikido, Iaido, Judo, or Karate. Available in black or white.
Sold as a single unit or as a pair.
Seido Tenugui - Seishin Itto Nanigoto ka Narazaran
Made in Japan
This traditional Tenugui (Japanese hand towel) can be used as such in Kendo, Nippon Kempo or Jukendo but also as small towel to wipe off sweat during practice.
In the center is the logo of the Seido brand, the Kanji "Do" or "Michi", found in Aikido, Judo, Karatedo etc. which means "way".
Roughly translated as "where there is a will, there is a way", this well known proverb "Seishin Itto Nanigoto Ka Narazaran" means more precisely "when the mind is concentrated, nothing is impossible".
Please hand-wash in cold water before first use.
External resource: the origin of the tenugui (off site).
- 100% Cotton
- Traditional size : 98 x 34 cm
- Traditional "Honzome" dye, meaning a dye that deeply penetrates the fiber.
Prices vary depending on selected options.
Dogi & Hakama Sashiko Bag
Made in Japan
Material: 100% Unbleached Sashiko Cotton
Dimensions: 43 cm x 55 cm (rope length is about 195 cm in total).
Embroidery color: 18 colors to chose from (the same color applies for both the kanji main design and the name option).
Name option: Name embroidery at the bottom of the bag (see product pictures)
This cotton bag can fit a dogi, hakama, belt and towel. The ropes and port on the back are thick and comfortable. For optimal quality, Seido logo, Aikido calligraphy, "Ki" calligraphy and all other designs are not printed but embroidered. Made 100% from japanese made unbleached sashiko cotton, this product is eco friendly.
Here are all the designs we offer and their meaning:
- The Seido embroidery is based on the Seido label attached to all Seido equipments.
- The Aikido embroidery is based on a calligraphy found in the main dojo of Aikikai Hombu Dojo. It was created by Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei when he was 80 years old, a period in his life when his calligraphy reached its peak. Note that the depth and extension of ideograms are a sign of an open mind.
- The "Ki' embroidery is based on the same calligraphy as the "Aikido embroidery" but only contains the second kanji "Ki".
- Judo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Karatedo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Kendo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Iaido - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Zanshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Remaining mind, or lingering mind.
- Mushin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : No mind (mental state), or mind without mind.
- Heijoshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Calm, imperturbable, relaxed heart/mind
- Shingitai - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : The unification of mind, skills and body.
- Takemusu Aiki - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Aikido concept, the unity of martial techniques through the concept of Aiki.
Option "Name Embroidery":
Optionally, you can add your name as embroidery. It will be embroidered on the left of the bottom part (same high as the Seido label), with a font size of 2 cm by 2 cm.
Please note that due to our technical settings and to improve the overall balance, it is only possible to embroider either a first name, a last name or a word (1 word).
For more information about Japanese embroidery, please consult the page "How to Choose your Japanese Embroidery".
Product Information & Size Chart
'Cashmere Touch' Aikido Training Hakama
Made in Japan | Black or Navy
Material: Cashmere Touch polyester (100% polyester)
Shrinkage: 0% | Weight (size 26): 1.10 kg
Shape: Reinforced Aikido cut
Born from the success of the Keiko Tetron Aikido Hakama and from customer requests for a heavier and better looking model, the 'Cashmere Touch' Aikido Training Hakama is a combination of the Traditional Cashmere Touch model and the Keiko Tetron Aikido Hakama. The fabric is the same as the traditional model's.
Almost as good looking as the Tradition version, this model is the best compromise between a "hard daily training" Hakama and a good looking Hakama made for demonstrations. If you want a good look but only get to buy one Hakama, that's the model to go!
The "cahsmere touch" polyester fabric provides durable quality, a slightly stretch effect, and a weight almost as heavy as cotton.
The overall shape of this model is identical to the Keiko model. Designed for intense practice it presents many reinforced parts. While the traditional versions are partially hand sewn (Koshiita, lateral vents and some inner sewing), the Keiko model is completely machine sewn. The Koshiita is made of thick Clarino material (Japanese synthetic leather) which allows to stitch and fix the fabric directly onto the plate. We also noticed that the Clarino Koshiita is more comfortable to wear than the thicker rubber plates when taking Ukemi (but also more expensive than rubber). The lateral vents are reinforced with an added piece of fabric and the front and back straps are slightly larger than those of the other models. The pleats are pressed with a high pressure industrial press which durably fixes the pleats. Easy to fold and to maintain, this model may be hand-washed and dried on a hanger (securing the folds using clothespins) without risk of losing the pleats or damaging the fabric.
Due to the stretch effect of the fabric, we have made the straps slightly shorter than they are on the Tetron version. The straps will stretch, which, despite their shorter length, will fit the same waist/hips size as the Tetron version.
The stretching effect on the straps will allow to tie the Hakama more firmly, so we especially recommend this model to practitioners feeling their Hakama coming up and getting loose during practice. This why we have not fitted the straps with a cotton core, which would have drastically reduced the stretching effect.
Size 24 -> Back strap: 180 cm / Front strap: 400 cm = up to ~ 90 cm in waist
From size 24.5 -> Back strap: 190 cm / Front strap: 420 cm = up to ~ 95 cm in waist.
As all our Hakama, this model is fully made in Japan (fabric, cut and stitching). The color may slightly fade after the first wash.
Option (made to order): sewing of the inside pleatsThough synthetic Hakama are quite easy to maintain, we offer to sew the inner pleats to make the folding as easy as possible. The pleats are sewn on the inside and therefore the stitching is completely invisible when worn. The result however is that the pleats are better kept, and the "puffed out" aspect of the Hakama will be reduced.
Classic & Keiko Tetron Aikido Hakama - Comparative chart Finish/model Keiko Model Traditional Model Fabric Cashmere touch polyester Cashmere touch polyester Koshiita Clarino Rubber Koshiita stitching Machine sewn onto the Clarino fabric Hand sewn (invisible) Front straps 7 lines of stitching / 4.2 cm width
No cotton core. Stretches up to 20 cm
7 lines of stitching / 3.5 cm width
With cotton core. No stretch effect
Lateral vents reinforcement With added piece of cloth Reinforced stitches only Pleats Pressed Iron made Hanger straps Yes (on the inside, front and back) No