10% Off our 25 All Categories Bestsellers !
With the Golden Week that will exceptionally result this year in 10 days long period of official break, May is the craziest month in Japan. However, it's also the first really warm days of the year, probably the best period for intensive practice. For Seido, May is a little special because of the annual All Japan Aikido Demonstration. We will have our booth there, which is the only opportunity we have in a year to meet hundreds of fellow practitioners and customers.
To celebrate this event, we are offering a 10% discount on our 25 best sellers, selected from all categories. No matter which Budo or Kobudo you practice, you will surely find something that fits your needs! We will run this discount until the All Japan Aikido, then we will have 3 days of charity event before the next monthly offer, so please be careful, this monthly discount will end a little early, on May 24th.
- On March 24th, a symposium on the Life and Legacy of Donn F. Draeger was organized in Tokyo by an amazing group of non-Japanese practitioner and long term residents: Alex Bennett, Antony Cundy, Daniel Lee and Bradford Pomeroy. According to the request of those 4 gentlemen, we teamed up with Guillaume Erard to cover the event, recording all 4 presentations and shooting some additional interviews.
- The first lecture published by Seido: Hoplology: Donn Draeger & the Koryu connection to modern hoplology by Hunter 'Chip' Armstrong
- The second lecture published by Guillaume Erard: Hoplology: What Donn Draeger taught, and how you get started by Liam Keeley
- The third lecture published by Guillaume Erard: Draeger & the Migration of the Spirit of ‘Bu’ by Professor Alex Bennett
- And the fourth lecture published by Seido: Hoplology: 'The Draeger I knew' by Phil Relnick
- We published the first part of our interview with Yamamoto Takahiro sensei of the Hyoho Taisha Ryu Kenjutsu school: Kenjutsu & the relevance of Kobudo in the 21st century (1/2).
And the second part of the interview: Hagakure, Ninjas, Religion & Universalité (2/2)
- After our interview with Yamamoto Sensei, we had a long talk about the promotion of Budo and Kobudo during which he mentioned an expo project in Italy. A first expo took place in PIaniga (Italy) in early April, and a second one will take place near Turin (Vinovo) in May.
Impressed by the quality of the work done by the organizers, we offered our full support to relay the information, and we also provided a series of Bokken from all 4 workshops for the second expo.
Here we present you the trailer that was created by Studio Layer. We hope you will enjoy it as we did.
- Under the banner of our #BudoStudies program, our team was present at the 37th Asakusa Kobudo Taikai on April 20th, shooting all demonstrations as usual.
The first videos are already available on our Youtube channel. Check out the playlist here: 37th Asakusa Kobudo Taikai Playlist
- Still for our #BudoStudies program and out of personal interest as Aikido practitioners, we were also at the Aiki Jinja Taisai that took place at the Aiki Shrine on April 29th. Of course, we recorded both demonstrations by the Doshu Ueshiba Moriteru and by the future Doshu Ueshiba Mitsuteru.
This year was a little special since it is the 50th Anniversary of the Founder’s passing as well as the 20th Anniversary of the Second Doshu Kisshomaru’s passing.
- Ueshiba Moriteru's demonstration on Youtube
- Ueshiba Mitsuteru's demonstration on Youtube
May is going to be a... complicated month because of the longest holidays Seido ever had, which have already started.
In an unprecedented move, Emperor Akihito of Japan has decided to abdicate and leave the succession to his elder son Prince Naruhito. The date is set for April 30th 2019, which makes it de facto a National holiday. In addition to the usual Golden Week national holidays, for the first time in its history, Japan will benefit from 10 days of uninterrupted holidays from April 27th to May 6th. Don't worry, we'll be working a little from our office and a little from home to avoid orders piling up to much. You can read the detailed article below.
Then on May the 20th (Sat), we will be at the Nippon Budokan for the annual All Japan Aikido Demonstration for the 7th consecutive year. As usual, we will have our double booth with all our Aikido equipment and all our staff ready to take your orders! We are very much looking forward to meeting you there!
Enjoy our contents, enjoy the discounts, and have fun on the mats!