Product Information & Size Chart
Sashiko Big Backpack
Made in Japan
Material: Upper part: 100% Mikawa Cotton - Sashiko Weave. Bottom: Canvas (100% cotton)
Dimensions: Height 42 cm x Width 30 cm x Depth 20 cm.
Weight: 840 g
Colors: Black, Sashiko Check Pattern
Embroidery Colors: 18 colors available.
This backpack is made in the same workshop as most of our Dogi, and with the same fabric as our single weaved AS200 and AS250 models.
Extremely resistant, it is 100% made in Japan and made from Japanese Mikawa cotton (one of the very last cotton productions in Japan) & canvas. The Sashiko Check pattern is woven with both a black and a white thread, following the pattern of a "rice grain".
This large-capacity backpack is perfect no matter the situation. You can use it for your everyday life, for commuting to work or school or even for your travel. This elegant bag has a very big internal capacity and 4 practical pockets on the outsides. Easy to open with a wide opening, the zipper on the back allows you to access easily all your belongings inside.
Very robust and sturdy, it's very comfortable to wear thanks to the two adjustable shoulder straps.
If you want to customize your bag, we offer to embroider the inner part of the bag! To offer you the best quality, the Seido logo, the Aikido calligraphy, the "Ki" calligraphy - 氣, and all other designs you can choose from, are not printed but embroidered. Made 100% from Japanese-made Sashiko cotton.
Here are all the designs we offer and their meaning:
- The Seido embroidery is based on the Seido logo sewn on all Seido equipment.
- The Aikido embroidery is based on a calligraphy displayed in the main Dojo of the Aikikai Hombu Dojo. It was drawn by Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei, when he was 80 years old, during a period in his life when his calligraphy skills reached their peak. Note that the depth and extension of ideograms are a sign of open-mindedness.
- The "Ki' embroidery '氣' is based on the same calligraphy as the "Aikido embroidery" but only contains the second Kanji "Ki".
- Judo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Karatedo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Kendo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Iaido - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Zanshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Remaining mind, or lingering mind.
- Mushin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : No mind (mental state), or mind without mind.
- Heijoshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Calm, imperturbable, relaxed heart/mind
- Shingitai - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : The unification of mind, skills and body.
- Takemusu Aiki - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Aikido concept, the unity of martial techniques through the concept of Aiki.