Product Information & Size Chart
6, 7, 8 or 9 Shaku Red Oak Tanpo Yari
Made in Japan (Kyushu region)
Available Woods: Red Oak
Length: 6 Shaku (181.8 cm), 7 Shaku (212.1 cm), 8 Shaku (242.4 cm) or 9 Shaku (272.7 cm)
Finish: urethane varnish
Wooden spear made of Japanese red oak, available in 4 different lengths. The Tanpo Yari model shaft features a diameter of 35 mm towards the Tsuka (handle) and 25 mm at the socket.
The most common length for this version is 9 Shaku.
The Tanpo Yari (rubber protected Yari) in Japanese, imitates the standard Yari (Suyari or Sankaku Yari) but is designed for contact practice, hence the tip is protected with a piece of rubber, for maximum safety. This model is also used for competition (usually with an armor). The rubber part is similar to those put on the tip of Mokuju weapons (wooden bayonets).
Please note that because the Yari does not fit into our engraving machine, this model cannot be engraved.
- Choice of wood species: red oak
- Diameter: Tsuka: 35 mm / socket: 25 mm
- Available finish: Urethane varnish
Manufacturing workshop: Horinouchi for all models
- YARI CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED THROUGH UPS/FEDEX (Includes North America and Western Europe). Please consult the "Shipping & Delivery Information" page to check if the Yari can be shipped to your country. All orders placed with a delivery address in any other country will be automatically cancelled.
Tanpo Yari - Weight Wood Ichiikashi (Red Oak) 6 Shaku ~1,300 g 7 Shaku ~1,500 g 8 Shaku ~1,700 g 9 Shaku ~1,900 g
* Weapons are all handmade, therefore color and weight vary from one weapon to another.