Product Information & Size Chart
Ko-Sashiko Face Mask KuSakura
- Made in Japan
- Material: 100% Cotton | Elastic: Nylon/Polyurethane
- Weight: approximately 10 g / 0.35 oz
- Size: single-size
Made in the KuSakura Dogi workshop in Osaka, these masks are made from high-quality Japanese Ko-Sashiko cotton, the same rice grain (sashiko) fabric used for our lightweight KS100 Aikidogi.
These masks come with a sponge-filter to place inside the mask. The sponge filter is made from material used in the sportswear industry as breathing material. It absorbs humidity but dries quickly.
This mask has been designed by KuSakura on the request of local government agencies. This mask is now used by thousands of civil servants of the Kansai region.
This mask is washable and reusable dozens of times (we are using them here at Seido,, we'll update this page once we've washed them a hundred times). We recommend hand washing with soap.
If you wish to iron it as a disinfection measure, please be careful not to damage the elastics, and do not iron the sponge-filter.
We have long hesitated before offering masks on our website. Seido does not want to profit from the COVID-19 crisis and our staff was not comfortable about offering such products. However, after a few weeks of stockpiling products that they couldn't sell, this is one of the solutions our workshop came up with in order to stay alive. We have then decided to offer this product so you can also support our workshop and all the seamstresses who manufacture your beloved Seido Dogi.
This mask is not a surgical mask. It does not protect much, but it may limit the quantity of droplets emitted from your mouth when coughing, or even speaking.
Good practice, as recommended by licensed surgeons:
- Avoid touching the outside of the mask when wearing it as it may present viruses emitted by other people. If you do, make sure to wash your hands.
- Try to put it on and off using the elastics only.
- Make sure to wash the mask with soap as often as possible. If you use a washing machine, use a laundry net. Ideally, the same mask shouldn’t be used more than a few hours before being washed.
- Don’t put the mask on places where microbes might transfer and be picked up by your hands later. You can place it in a plastic bag until you wash it.
Please note that because this is a personal hygiene product, we cannot accept any return for this item.
This model is made by KuSakura. We also offer another higher grade model made by our Aichi workshop. This model is less fashionable, available in one size only, and made from lower-grade cotton. We've decided to offer it as it is more affordable, and has a different style that some may prefer.
Temporary COVID-19 related information:
Standard free shipping with Japan Post for small orders under 2 kg is currently suspended. If you wish to be delivered in timely manners, an additional 1,500 YEN fee for express shipping will have to be charged at checkout.