Due to difficulties at the sewing workshop, orders for Deluxe Single Layer Kendogi (BS200) - Jacket are temporarily suspended.
Seido Tenugui - Seishin Itto Nanigoto ka Narazaran
Made in Japan
This traditional Tenugui (Japanese hand towel) can be used as such in Kendo, Nippon Kempo or Jukendo but also as small towel to wipe off sweat during practice.
In the center is the logo of the Seido brand, the Kanji "Do" or "Michi", found in Aikido, Judo, Karatedo etc. which means "way".
Roughly translated as "where there is a will, there is a way", this well known proverb "Seishin Itto Nanigoto Ka Narazaran" means more precisely "when the mind is concentrated, nothing is impossible".
Please hand-wash in cold water before first use.
External resource: the origin of the tenugui (off site).
- 100% Cotton
- Traditional size : 98 x 34 cm
- Traditional "Honzome" dye, meaning a dye that deeply penetrates the fiber.
Prices vary depending on selected options.
Dogi & Hakama Sashiko Bag
Made in Japan
Material: 100% Unbleached Sashiko Cotton
Dimensions: 43 cm x 55 cm (rope length is about 195 cm in total).
Embroidery color: 18 colors to chose from (the same color applies for both the kanji main design and the name option).
Name option: Name embroidery at the bottom of the bag (see product pictures)
This cotton bag can fit a dogi, hakama, belt and towel. The ropes and port on the back are thick and comfortable. For optimal quality, Seido logo, Aikido calligraphy, "Ki" calligraphy and all other designs are not printed but embroidered. Made 100% from japanese made unbleached sashiko cotton, this product is eco friendly.
Here are all the designs we offer and their meaning:
- The Seido embroidery is based on the Seido label attached to all Seido equipments.
- The Aikido embroidery is based on a calligraphy found in the main dojo of Aikikai Hombu Dojo. It was created by Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei when he was 80 years old, a period in his life when his calligraphy reached its peak. Note that the depth and extension of ideograms are a sign of an open mind.
- The "Ki' embroidery is based on the same calligraphy as the "Aikido embroidery" but only contains the second kanji "Ki".
- Judo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Karatedo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Kendo - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Iaido - Gyoshotai (cursive font)
- Zanshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Remaining mind, or lingering mind.
- Mushin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : No mind (mental state), or mind without mind.
- Heijoshin - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Calm, imperturbable, relaxed heart/mind
- Shingitai - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : The unification of mind, skills and body.
- Takemusu Aiki - Gyoshotai (cursive font) : Aikido concept, the unity of martial techniques through the concept of Aiki.
Option "Name Embroidery":
Optionally, you can add your name as embroidery. It will be embroidered on the left of the bottom part (same high as the Seido label), with a font size of 2 cm by 2 cm.
Please note that due to our technical settings and to improve the overall balance, it is only possible to embroider either a first name, a last name or a word (1 word).
For more information about Japanese embroidery, please consult the page "How to Choose your Japanese Embroidery".
Product Information & Size Chart
Deluxe Single Layer Kendogi (BS200)
Made in Japan | Back Seam | Single layer | Sei Aizome
Material: Cotton 100% - Shrinkage: ~2% (With Bio Treatment : 0)
Weight (size 4 Jacket): 1.1 kg
Shape: "Traditional Kendo Cut"
Mid-range Kendo jacket, single weave, true traditional indigo dye. The model BS200 is relatively light (single layer/rice grain weaving) and the most common type of Kendogi. The entire jacket (upper and lower part) is made of Sashiko (rice grain) fabric: all in all a model offering excellent value for money.
This jacket comes with a chest and a hips cord, and it is possible to add a Velcro fastener via our custom options.
Unlike as for our Aikidogi, the fabric (Sashiko weave) is used vertically, which makes it more flexible and therefore more comfortable to wear.
- Sei Aizome : genuine traditional natural indigo dye, indigo rubs off very easily on skin and other clothes.
- Sei Aizome - Bio Treatment - (optionally available on this model) : The "Biotech" technology is an anti-microbial, anti-mold and a softening treatment that improves the durability and makes the Dogi very comfortable to wear. Further advantages of this treatment is a shrinkage rate that is close to 0 and the fixation of the Aizome (color rubs off very little).
Fully made in Japan (cotton, garment, cut and sewing), single layer, made of soft cotton, very easy to wear and very durable.